By R. Douglas Collins
The maze of neuroanatomy, symptomatology, and neurologic syndromes may be formidable to the first care practitioner. sufferers are frequently quick talked about a consultant or subjected to quite a number pricey diagnostic tests.
With this transparent and sensible reference, you'll deal with the demanding situations of neurologic prognosis and administration on the fundamental care level—with uncomplicated illustrated advice on neuroanatomy, actual exam, the neurologic workup, diagnostic exams, differential analysis, and therapy options.
Begin your trip from complexity to clarity.
- In-depth coverage addresses a number of mostly encountered neurologic problems, exhibiting you what to appear for, what assessments to reserve, and the way the consequences have an effect on your therapy choices.
- Abundant, colourful illustrations assist you comprehend severe neuroanatomy and realize clinically major anomalies.
- Synopses of etiology, analysis, and treatment for every disorder provide the info you must comprehend and handle the patient's problem.
- Differential analysis of neurologic indicators and signs are addressed, including the work-up of every symptom and sign—all prepared in alphabetical order for simple reference.
- Case studies carry the illnesses to existence by way of highlighting salient positive factors to aid hone your actual exam and diagnostic skills.
- Useful appendices define extra unique exam concepts, laboratory workup for neurologic indicators, and remedy directions for every disease.
- Thorough references consultant you to assets that handle infrequent problems and debatable diagnostic techniques now not coated within the text.
- Handy glossary presents a fingertip connection with popular terms.
Before you assessment your subsequent patient...be definite this critical reference is on your palms. Order your replica today!
Read or Download Atlas of neurologic diagnosis and treatment PDF
Best diagnosis books
Now up-to-date to mirror the USMLE Step 2 examination, with higher emphasis on case shows and diagnostic abilities. nearly four hundred new scientific vignettes with accompanying questions (500 questions in all)--now that includes accelerated solutions referenced to top textbooks or magazine articles. Reviewed via McGraw-Hill's clinical pupil Advisory Committee to make sure simulation of the USMLE test-taking adventure.
Within the box of Hodgkin's lymphoma, many new info were gathered over the past decade either at the mobile of foundation of this ailment and on more advantageous remedies to treatment nearly all of pa tients even within the complicated phases. for that reason, it kind of feels to be justi fied to assemble those new facts in a unique quantity of modern Re sults in melanoma learn.
Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) is a newly constructed noninvasive diagnostic approach for sectional and projectional imaging of the pancreatobiliary tree. Requiring no distinction fabrics, MRCP presents top quality 2-D and 3D photographs that facilitate early analysis and therapy of pancreatobiliary illnesses.
Guide of Endourology includes 5 centred, review-oriented volumes which are perfect for college kids and clinicians trying to find a complete assessment instead of an entire direction. every one quantity is well available via e-book structure. issues lined evaluation either the endourological analysis and therapy of prostate, urethral, urinary bladder, top urinary tract, and renal pathology.
- [Chapter] Motor Speech Disorders: Clues to Neurologic Diagnosis
- Diabetes Explained
- Leukaemia Diagnosis 4th ed.
- Molecular Diagnosis of Genetic Diseases
- Fluid Overload: Diagnosis and Management (Contributions to Nephrology, Vol. 164)
- Essentials of Diagnosis and Treatment
Additional info for Atlas of neurologic diagnosis and treatment
These suggest epilepsy (see page 10), although slightly convulsive movements may occur in common fainting spells. 4. Chronic anxiety or depression? Look for a psychogenic cause or hyperventilation syndrome. On physical examination, is (are) there: 1. Pallor? Look for anemia or acute hemorrhage. 2. Slow or absent pulse? Look for heart block, vasovagal syncope, or carotid sinus syncope. 3. Rapid pulse? Consider supraventricular tachycardia, auricular fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, heat exhaustion, or heat stroke.
Consider peripheral arteriosclerosis, Leriche syndrome, or spinal stenosis. 3. Pain in one or both of the lower extremities? Consider herniated disc or cauda equina tumor. 4. Incontinence? Consider a space-occupying lesion of the spinal cord, multiple sclerosis, or trauma. 5. Urinary retention? Consider tabes dorsalis, diabetic neuropathy, or cauda equina tumor. On physical examination, is (are) there: 1. Cranial nerve involvement? Consider a brainstem lesion or multiple sclerosis. 2. Dermatomal sensory loss?
Chronic onset? Consider tension headache, post-traumatic headache, hypertension, or space-occupying lesion . 3. Focal headache? Consider migraine, temporal arteritis, glaucoma, space-occupying lesion, or cluster headache. 4. Diffuse headache? Consider tension headache, common migraine, post-traumatic headache, meningitis, subarachnoid hemorrhage, or pseudotumor cerebri. 5. Throbbing headache? Consider migraine, hypertensive headache, temporal arteritis, arteriovenous anomaly. 6. Nausea and vomiting?